The Skyride was engineered by Doppelmayr as a unique project. It transports guests quietly, smoothly and quickly from the hustle and bustle of the Havensight area to the beauty of Paradise Point. A sister lift was later built in Norway with its own unique properties...cabin six is replaced with a transport cabin as there is no access road to the top.
- Number of Cabins = 6 (Max = 12)
- Persons per Cabin = 8 (Max = 12)
- Persons per Hours = 360 (Max = 540)
- Right Hand Lay
- 216 Galvanized Steel Strands
- Diameter = 1.61 in.
- Core = Polypropylene
- Tensile Strength = 247,206 lbs
- Highest Point = 110 ft.
- Length = 4430 ft.
- Hurricane clips on every tower ¹
- Auxiliary Drive = Deutz Diesel
- Backup Generator = Caterpillar 500 Kw
- Evac = Teflon Bike, Harness, Descender
- Bottom Station = 47ft. Above Sea Level
- Top Station = 709ft. Above Sea Level
- Speed = 590 ft/min = 3 m/s = 6½mph
- Duration = 5 minutes, one-way
- Main Drive = ABB DC 480v - 500 Hp
- Standby Drive = ABB DC 480v - 500 Hp
- Gearbox = Lohmann
- Horsepower = 380 - 422 HP
- At Top Station ²
- Remote Counterweight = 116,000 lbs
- Hydraulic Cylinders = 2
- Carriage Throw = 3 - 4 ft.
- Towers = 8
- Tallest Tower = 60 ft.
- Longest Span = 920 ft.
- Num. of Sheaves = 138
- Vertical Bullwheels = 2 x 11.8 ft.
- Horizontal Bullwheels = 2 x 15.8 ft.
¹ Unique feature of Skyride to Paradise Point
² This lift is upside down...normally the drive station is at the top but because 3 phase power is not available there, the Skyride has the vaulted drive station below and remote counterweight at the top.